Lost during the “American Idol” Season 12 premiere amidst all the Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey sniping was Keith Urban, sandwiched in between the two divas. But he quietly surprised us by how engaged and engaging he was.
Here are some of his highlights:
- “With all that’s going on these days, I loved your patience and pace.”
- “The whole package didn’t feel like it was quite there.”
- “I think you’re a natural singer … I love the vulnerability in your voice.”
- “Frankie, you’re going to Hollywood, man.”
- “People say, ‘What would you if you didn’t do this for a living?’ The answer’s always like, ‘I’d do this for not a living.’ I’d do it anyway.”
- Hides under the desk — “It’s not safe!”
- “What other skills and talents do you have?”
- “Your low register has the most beautiful nasal tone, I want to hear more of that … she’s got such beautiful tone.”
What did you think of Urban? We think he’s got great potential as a judge. Hopefully he doesn’t get swallowed up in the vortex that is Mariah and Nicki.