The “American Idol” Top 8 performed Songs of the Movies and overall, we found the week a little meh – so who went home?
The Bottom 3 came down to Haley Reinhart, Stefano Langone and Paul McDonald, with Paul tapped as the one who had to leave us this week.
But before we got to the elimination, we had some other highlights:
- Jennifer Lopez came out looking like she’s auditioning for Cleopatra in Space.
- Lauren and Scotty performed Lady Antebellum‘s “American Honey” and it was nice. Lauren handled the girl part with more aplomb than Scotty did the boy part, but he got better as the song went on.
- There was a behind-the-scenes video of the zombie Ford music video, which was actually kinda cool and not annoying, like most of these filler bits.
- Haley and Casey dueted on “Moanin'” and it was pretty awesome. Their voices are very complementary and Haley’s hair looked incredible.
- Kelly Clarkson (squeeeee) and Jason Aldean were on hand to perform “Don’t You Wanna Stay” and it was lovely. What a wonderful song.
A mop-top foursome from Liverpool the Soggy Bottom Boys The FolksmenJacob, James, Paul and Stefano performed “The Sound of Silence”/”Mrs. Robinson” and it was … yikes. I mean, seriously? Simon and Garfunkel is the call for Gospel, Rocker, Breathy and Broadway? Are you kidding me with this?
- Paul sang us out on our second-favorite performance by him, “Maggie Mae.” Fun way to end the night.
Did the right person go home? We think probably for the first time in the Top 13 the right person went home, actually. Though we did love Paul’s “Folsom Prison Blues.” See you later, weird folk rocker guy.