Time to meet the Top 30 of “American Idol” XIII. Wednesday (Feb. 12) the judges revealed the first 17 slots, nine boys and eight girls. Time to find out which singers get the last 13 spots.
Highlights of Thursday (Feb. 13) include:
- The CJ Harris-Casey Thrasher face-off ended in both of them going through, which is what we were hoping for.
- Caleb Johnson‘s final song is “Radioactive” and J-Lo is rocking out to it and the judges put him through, but caution him that he’ll have to work hard against these more traditionally talented singers.
- We’re sad to see Nalani Quintello go, we liked her voice (what little we saw of her).
- Conversely, we’re surprised to see Briston Maroney be chosen. We find his voice weak and nasally. Is he some cannon fodder?
- Briana Oakley‘s final solo song is enormous, it’s so good. She’s brought into the room with Brandy Neelly, who did not do as well on her final solo, but they are both put through.
- J-Lo fakes us out a bit by making us think Kenzie Hall didn’t make it. We find her so interesting and we would have been very upset if she was cut at this stage.
- Speaking of — the very next person is Savion Wright and he gets cut! That’s shocking and a real shame.
- The final boys spot is between Ben Briley and Neco Starr and the judges are going to let America decide between them.
Here are the final lists, though obviously the boys will lose one of those names when America chooses.
Girls: Emily Piriz, Jillian Jensen, Malaya Watson,
Bria Anai, Jessica Meuse, MK Nobilette, Kristen O’Connor, Andrina
Brogden, Marrialle Sellars, Jena Ascuitto, Majesty Rose,
Briana Oakley, Brandy Neelly, Kenzie Hall and Austin Wolfe
Boys: Spencer Lloyd, George Lovett, Sam Woolf, Maurice Townsend,
Dexter Roberts, Emmanuel Zidor, Jordan Brisbane, Malcolm Allen, Alex
Preston, CJ Harris, Casey Thrasher, Caleb Johnson, Ethan Harris, Briston Maroney, Ben Briley and Neco Starr.
What do you think, “Idol” fans? Check out the full Top 30 in our gallery.