In “Prison Break-In,” the Bluth Foundation plans its annual fundraising gala, this time in honor of graft-versus-host disorder. Not coincidentally, Tobias (David Cross) is suffering from the disease, thanks to his hair plants. Meanwhile, either Lucille (Jessica Walter) or Warden Gentiles (James Lipton) is working very hard to seduce the other. This is naturally all tied-up in yet another George Sr. (Jeffrey Tambor) escape attempt. Also, Buster (Tony Hale) has a turtle that eats pot and dies.
Bluth Company status:
Everyone is busy planning a gala at the prison. We’ll just assume that things are as okay as they ever get at the Bluth Company.
Notable guest stars:
James Lipton comes back as Warden Gentiles.
- For two years the Bluth Foundation raised money for TBA (because they couldn’t decide on a cause).
- Buster keeps his pet turtle in a box full of pot. The turtle dies.
- “It’s a jetpack, Michael. What could possibly go wrong?”
- Tobias’ graft-versus-host disease turns out to be too disgusting and too fake for the gala attendees to want to help.
- Oscar gets arrested in George’s place. Again.
Most sexual tension:
- Buster calls his pet turtle “Mother.”
- George Michael (Michael Cera) gets all excited about Maeby (yet again), after Michael says intra-familial love is natural and after Maeby (Alia Shawkat) gives him a screenplay that mentions cousins in love in prison.
Allusions to Tobias being gay:
“The guy runs a prison. He can have any piece of ass he wants!” — Tobias on Warden Gentiles
Best narrator commentary:
- “Actually he loved galas. All kids do!”
- “That would be the happiest moment George Michael would ever experience in his life.” (said when Maeby seems excited to share a prison cell with him)
- “It’s ‘Most.'” — In response to Gob referencing Danny Host instead of “Happy Days” actor Danny Most.
Next on “Arrested Development”:
- “George Michael gets closer to his family …” — but it’s Tobias instead of Maeby in the cell, so … “George Michael experiences his unhappiest moment ever.”
- Buster tries to play the guitar with his claw. It doesn’t work.
- Gob gets his face smashed up against the glass of the conjugal-visit trailer. While his parents are having sex.