The “Arrow” midseason finale, “Three Ghosts,” takes a bit of inspiration from “A Christmas Carol.” As the holiday season descends — mostly unnoticed in all the chaos — Oliver Queen faces multiple hauntings and the messages they bring.
So what’s coming on the Wednesday (Dec. 11) episode?
“Three Ghosts” is easily one of the best “Arrow” episodes ever (which is saying a lot, since “Arrow” may be one of the best shows on TV right now). You may be able to guess that by watching the trailer — there are some very important things included in it:
- Yes, that is Shado (Celina Jade) that Oliver (Stephen Amell) reaches for while on the examination table. And yes, there’s a reason why he sees her.
- Similarly, the hoarse and whispered “You are not a hero!” voice does belong to Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett).
- Why is Oliver destroying his own lair? The next moment explains it (somewhat) with “I’ve been compromised.”
- Barry (Grant Gustin) does do more than just stand around in the lair, despite what this promo would suggest.
- Why is Officer Lance (Paul Blackthorne) in a hospital bed? There is a very, very good reason for that.
- Check out a first look at Oliver’s new mask at the 0:18 mark!
- Sebastian Blood’s (Kevin Alejandro) creepy mask is back and is as unintelligible as ever.
The “Arrow” episode, “Three Ghosts,” airs Wednesday (Dec. 11) at 8 p.m. on The CW.