- Sean Lowe comes by Juan Pablo’s house to give him some advice, the best of which is “Don’t kiss anybody in front of the other girls, because they will get mad.” Hee.
- It takes a whole 15 minutes before we see Juan Pablo soaping up in the shower. Such restraint!
- Andi is a federal prosecutor, which is great, but the “footage” of her in court looks like the start to a courtroom-themed adult movie.
- Farm girl Valerie is competitive, a “pretty girl” (her words) and not afraid to file down her nails and scratch some eyes out (also her words). So have we found our new Tierra? Hmm.
- My personal early frontrunners are Sharleen and Nikki, plus there’s a girl named Lacy who strongly reminds me of Tenley Molzahn.
- Amy J. the massage therapist is quite the character. She gives Juan Pablo a massage at the party and it’s a shame she’s probably going home because she seems to have a lot of potential for crazy behavior.
- Lucy’s job description reads “free spirit,” and that might actually be true. She shows up dressed like a hippie on her wedding day at the commune and actually refers to herself as a “drifter” who doesn’t need to wear shoes. OK, then.
Overall, it’s a pretty good start to the season — good personalities without anybody completely losing their minds or anyone getting too drunk and embarrassing themselves. It should be a lot of fun, so join us here starting Sunday, Jan. 5 (there’s a special pre-premiere episode) at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC for all the “Bachelor” fun.