When we last left “Banshee,” Pa., a shootout involving nearly every main character left Lucas Hood tortured, many bad guys dead, Brock and Sugar shot and Rabbit having seemingly escaped again while sporting two bullet holes. Plus, Kai Proctor and his pouty-lipped niece Rebecca accidentally killed Mayor Dan. Oops.
We’ve seen the “Banshee” Season 2 premiere and here are a few slightly spoilery details to tide you over until the show returns.
- Zeljko Ivanek makes a dramatic entrance as Agent Jim Racine, who has been tracking Rabbit for 15 years. He’s got a lot of questions for everyone involved in the shootout, particularly Carrie and Lucas.
- In the end, though, he’s got bigger fish to fry than some local sheriff and his deputies, much to Agent Xavier’s consternation.
- Despite a new Fed breathing down their necks, Job, Lucas and Carrie are up to their old tricks by halfway through the premiere episode, and it’s awesome. This show does not pull any punches with its action sequences.
- Native American assassin Nola Longshadow is also lurking about, but what exactly she’s up to remains a mystery.
- “Banshee’s” resident Dana Brody, Deva Hopewell, is continuing to act out, and now she’s adding some extortion to her list of felonious activities.
- For those of you who like the sexy time “Banshee” is known for, you won’t be disappointed — though we were surprised by the pairing.
- The best line belongs to Sugar (because of course it does): “Sooner or later, someone’s gonna figure who you are. Or at least who you are not.”
- Speaking of which, Jason Hood (the real Lucas Hood’s son) is not in the premiere, but you won’t have to wait too long to revisit that cliffhanger.
- Carrie is a free woman in the premiere, but as you can see by the picture below, she does not remain that way. We’re intrigued. Check out all the Season 2 pics here.
“Banshee” returns Friday, Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Cinemax.