TV news and notes:
– One of the tween world’s hottest stars is getting a little grittier in an upcoming “CSI”
guest role. Bella Thorne, of Disney’s “Shake It Up,” will play a
popular, high-achieving high-schooler who becomes a suspect in the
murder of one of her classmates. [E! Online]
– Warren Kole is following Kevin Williamson to the CBS drama “Stalker.”
The fallen “Following” star will recur as a LAPD robbery homicide
detective who gets into a turf war with Dylan McDermott’s Jack on the
new series. [TVLine]
– “Modern Family” star Sarah Hyland will be co-hosting the 2014 Teen Choice Awards, FOX has announced. She and “Teen Wolf” star Tyler Posey will emcee the awards show, which airs Sunday, Aug. 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on FOX.
– Jim Gaffigan is getting a sitcom after all. The comedian’s sitcom, which has gone through several development cycles at networks, has finally been picked up by TV Land. “The Gaffigan Show” will debut its 10-episode first season in 2015, and Comedy Central will air episodes of the comedy one week after their TV Land debut. [The Hollywood Reporter]
– You’ll see Kelen Coleman on CBS’s new sitcom “The McCarthys” this fall, but before her big comedy debut she’ll get serious in the season premiere of ABC’s “Scandal.” Details about Coleman’s guest role are under wraps. [THR]
– A&E has premiered a new trailer for its upcoming series “Epic Ink.” Meet the staff from Area 51 Tattoo below:
– “Covert Affairs” has cast Shawn Doyle (“Fargo”) in a recurring guest role for Season 5. Doyle will play Aleksandre Belenko, a Georgian diplomat with an American education and a reputation for philanthropic work. Annie Walker (Piper Perabo), however, suspects that Belenko has a darker side.