The hoopla surrounding the Royal Wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton will undoubtedly keep building until it reaches a fever pitch by Friday, April 29. Can’t get over to London for the festivities on a private jet like Nicki Minaj? You can, well, play along at home instead.
Numerous betting sites are offering odds on all manner of Royal Wedding bets. Here are a few of our favorites from popular betting sites William Hill, Ladbrokes and Paddy Power:
- For the first dance music, “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt comes in at 5-1 odds and Elton John’s “Something About the Way You Look Tonight,” which was a double a-side of “Candle in the Wind 1997,” is at 6-1. Surprisingly, Aerosmith’s “Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” is at 7-1 and Bryan Adams’ “Everything I Do” is at 8-1 odds, while “Unchained Melody” is at 33-1. Huh.
- For the color of the Queen’s hat, yellow is a heavy favorite at 10-11 odds, with light blue next at 4-1.
- For the aisle music, the traditional Bridal Chorus is at 7-4 odds, Pachelbel’s Canon in D is 5-1 and “The Sound of Music” wedding processional is 20-1.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s husband Prince Philip is 8-1 to fall asleep during the ceremony.
- 25-1 odds someone will raise an objection during the vows.
- 100-1 odds Kate leaves Wills at the altar.
Will you placing any bets?