TV news and notes:
– Those pre-“True Blood” videos not enough Beyonce for you? Then you’ll be happy to know that HBO will premiere “On The Run Tour: Beyonce and Jay Z” on Saturday, Sept. 20 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The televised version of the couple’s current summer tour will be taped the week prior in Paris. It will include performances of more than 40 Jay and Bey songs.
– “Hawaii Five-0” continues to be a second home for former “Lost” actors. William Mapother, who had a recurring part on the late ABC series, will guest on a Season 5 “Five-0” episode as a wealthy business owner who becomes entangled in a case and offers to help the team. [EW]
has recruited “The Client List” star Brian Hallisay to play a cop on
the fourth season of the ABC soap. He’ll play easygoing local policeman
Ben, who befriends Jack (Nick Wechsler) in an arc on the show. [E! Online]
– Broadway is heading to Bravo when Bernadette Peters guest stars as the mother of Janeane Garofalo’s character on the network’s upcoming original scripted series “Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce.” [EW]
– It’s pretty well agreed that Simpsons World, the massive “Simpsons”-related app launching in the fall — in conjunction with the show’s cable debut on FXX — is the greatest thing ever. It’s now accompanied by this excellent promo. Take a look:
– History will premiere its miniseries “Houdini” on Sept. 1 and 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The two-night scripted event stars Adrien Brody as Harry Houdini, Kristen Connolly as his wife and Evan Jones as his assistant.
– Netflix released the key art for its new animated series, “BoJack Horseman,” which stars all of your favorite comedians. Will Arnett voices washed up sitcom star BoJack — a horse — and Aaron Paul voices his human sidekick, Todd, as BoJack attempts a comeback. Amy Sedaris, Alison Brie and Paul F. Tompkins also star. Check out the poster below.