What will “Bones” bring when it returns for Season 9 on Monday, Sept. 16? Fans can expect new jobs, relationship changes, guest stars and a whole lot of mysteries. Get some clues with a video preview and a handful of spoilers.
- Did you know that “Bones” has aired on almost every day of the week over its 9 seasons? It’s almost like the show is a hit in spite of itself.
- There’s probably a good, scientific reason why Hodgins is being lowered down from the lab ceiling by a cord.
- Booth gets slimed.
- Sweets goes casual (and Booth is worried about him).
- Hodgins and Angela have a moment of tension about something or other.
- A few moments later, Hodgins seems to be covered in white stuff — more than just his white hazmat suit.
- Oh and there’s tension between Booth and Brennan as well.
But they’ll probably work it out. After all, word on the street is that there will be a wedding of some sort in the near future …
Alas, there aren’t any spoilers about the wedding here. Instead, check out the following tidbits to figure out what’s happening in the world of “Bones” in the upcoming season.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will guest-star in the Season 9 premiere. But that won’t be the only time we meet Booth’s old friend. He’ll be back in at least one later episode. (Source: EW.com)
- You know how Sweets is wearing that casual clothing in the video? There’s a reason for that. “He’s trying to do something to help people avoid a criminal life. He’s working with kids in the inner city,” executive producer Stephen Nathan told TVLine.
- “Ultimate Fighting Championship” star Chuck Liddell will guest-star in the fourth episode of the season, “The Lady on the List.” He will play a mixed martial artist who is seen as the toughest guy in the world. Liddell’s character will even be able to show Booth a thing or two. (Source: TVGuide.com)
- Hodgins is going to meet a new family member. Since he has never had any family, this is definitely going to be a surprise. Whoever it is, Hodgins never knew about the person — and the unexpected arrival will impact his relationship with Angela. (Source: TVLine)
- Other “Bones” secrets that may be revealed in Season 9 include the explanation for “4:47” appearing on clocks and the words Brennan wrote to Booth back when she was buried alive. (Source: EW.com)