Although it would be mean to ruin any of the surprises around those two, here are five “Bones” spoilers to prepare you for the rest of the episode.
1. Did you know that you can consider a bobcat to be just “a cat named Bob”? That’s what the animal control person says shortly before some non-feline remains are found in a back alley.
2. Sometimes, racial profiling hurts not the profiled person but the one with that person. Cam (Tamara Taylor) and Arastoo (Pej Vahdat) find this one out the hard way in “The Cheat in the Retreat.”
3. Anyone can have an off day at work. Sweets (John Francis Daley) is having a really off day. Honestly, they would have been better going with Brennan’s psychological insights at times in this episode.
4. Identity theft is a big problem. Not only can a thief take control of bank accounts and other financial data, that person can apparently mess up your security ID and open brokerage accounts in your name. It’s not much fun. With dubious thanks to Pelant, at least the people at the Jeffersonian have someone with experience in this area — Hodgins (TJ Thyne).
5. If you want to commit murder at a couples’ retreat, you ought to make sure that the place isn’t located on geologically unique soil. That will get you every time.
“The Cheat in the Retreat” airs Monday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. on FOX.