In Sunday’s (Dec. 8) episode of “Breaking the Faith”, the refugees from the “Crick” had to leave their safe house after one refugee returned home, perhaps putting the rest of them in jeopardy, and fled to Salt Lake City, four hours from St. George. But Salt Lake City isn’t “safe” as far as the FLDS is concerned. In fact, due to the history between the FLDS and the LDS (Mormons,) they’ve been taught that SLC is ground zero for debauchery. So the group is even more nervous. And unlike the last episodes, they’re far enough away from the “God Squad” to be able to venture out into public.
- The Warren Jeffs voice-overs during transitions are completely creepy. Yes, they’re supposed to be, but the trance-like quality of his voice makes warning bells go of in my head, and then I immediately wonder how others don’t hear the same thing.
- It comes out that Connie really left FLDS because her “boyfriend,” Cody, had left a year prior, and she’s convinced they’re supposed to be together. As one of the girls who is not terribly comfortable with changing, she does have a good deal to say about how much she made out with Cody while back at the Crick. She seems to have chosen this boy more than the “non-Crick” world. Unfortunately, we didn’t see the details of their reunion this time. Next week.
- The “stares” that the group got during the parade were probably due more to the camera crew than their dresses, don’t you think?
- Even disrespectful idiots can wear “protective” long underwear.
- Note to the two LDS missionaries: you should do some reading up on FLDS.