Several days ago a venomous cobra went missing from the Bronx Zoo. Said cobra has been subsequently having all sorts of New York adventures, if the Twitter account is to be believed.
Someone started this account and it’s actually quite clever. Clearly the tweeter is familiar with New York City, which makes it fun, plus the cobra has a good sense of humor and there are a few celebrities interacting with him. Here are some highlights:
- At Planet Rose in the East Village to get my karaoke on. Gonna sing some “White Snake.” #snakeonthetown #likeadrifteriwasborntowalkalone
- Craigslist missed connection? RT @MikeBloomberg President Obama & I toured Museum of Natural History, saw 94ft whale but no @BronxZoosCobra
- Snake accessible! RT @TheEllenShow Hey @BronxZoosCobra check the Guggenheim They’ve a great Kandinsky exhibit, also don’t have any stairs.
- According to the rules of Twitter, I think I’m supposed to announce a multi-city comedy tour now. Right @ConanOBrien & @CharlieSheen?
- Taking the Sex and the City Tour!!! I’m totally a SSSamantha. #snakeonthetown
- Dear @CharlieSheen, know what’s better than tiger’s blood? Cobra venom. #winning #snakeonthetown Also I’m 20 inches long. Just sayin’.
- Holding very still in the snake exhibit at the Museum of Natural History. This is gonna be hilarious!
- Donald Trump is thinking about running for president?! Don’t worry, I’ll handle this. Where is Trump Tower exactly?
We are enjoying the Twitter account immensely, but we hope the cobra is found safe and sound.