Of course, the rather impressive scores from the first night of the finale helped going into Tuesday’s results. Amber and Derek were on top with 64 points out of a possible 65. Corbin and Karina were right behind with 62 points, while Jack and Cheryl came into the final dance with 57.
Adding in the scores from the fusion dances, the final standings were:
Amber and Derek: 94 points
Corbin and Karina: 89 points
Jack and Cheryl: 84 points
When the votes were combined with these scores, the results were as follows:
3rd place: Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
2nd place: Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
1st place: Amber Riley and Derek Hough
Apparently the judges and fans had the same opinions this time around.
Highlights of the rest of the evening include:
- Enrique Inglesias sang “Heart Attack.”
- Amber and Derek got to repeat their freestyle dance.
- In what was easily one of the biggest highlights ever in “DWTS” history, Ylvis showed up to sing “The Fox” while the group dance got an encore. The Ylvis guys really, really got into the moment — dancing on the judges’ table and leaping through the ballroom.
- The female pros did a dance.
- Colbie Caillat sang for Valerie and Tristan’s return dance.
- Lady Antebellum killed some more time for the show in the second hour.
- Corbin and Karina had the first fusion dance. The judges loved it, even if Corbin had one little mistake. The couple got 27 points.
- Jack and Cheryl were next. The judges had little but praise for the performance and awarded the couple 27 points. Pretty good considering, as Jack commented, “Up until last night, I thought salsa was something you ate.”
- Amber and Derek finished up the night’s dances. It may have been perfect, based on what the judges had to say. The couple got 30 points for their final dance.