The couple earned nothing but 7s for their two dances of the night, placing them a full 16 points behind the week 8 leaders, Zendaya and Val. Strong support from fans and one of the most currently recognizable names of Season 16 weren’t enough to overcome that.
“If Jesus grants me a solid,” he’d stay on the show, Sean said before his elimination. That didn’t happen. But read on for everything that did happen throughout the “DWTS” week 8 results show.
The week 8 standings
With two dances apiece, each couple could earn as much as 60 points in week 8. No one did, but some did come close.
1. Zendaya and Val Chmerkovskiy — 58 points
2. Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas — 56 points
3. Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough — 55 points
4. Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff — 52 points
5. Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson — 48 points
6. Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd — 42 points
The overall standings
These results are similar to the overall standings in which all of the points are added together.
1. Zendaya and Val — 265 total points
2. Kellie and Derek — 263 total points
3. Aly and Mark — 257 total points
4. Jacoby and Karina — 241 total points
5. Ingo and Kym — 229 total points
6. Sean and Peta — 216 total points
The rest of the results
Right at the beginning of the show, Tom and Brooke announced that Ingo and Kym were a surprise inclusion in the Season 16 semi-finals. Meanwhile, Kellie and Derek were put in jeopardy. “Dancing with the Stars” obviously wanted to shock us right at the start.
Zendaya & Val and Jacoby & Karina were the next couples to hear their results. Zendaya and Val — the recipients of the season’s first perfect 30 — were unsurprisingly safe. Jacoby and Karina, meanwhile, were left in jeopardy.
The last grouping consisted of Sean & Peta and Aly & Mark. It was again not much of a shock that Sean and Peta were the ones in jeopardy. Aly and Mark were fine.
Kellie and Derek were immediately removed from jeopardy when it came time for the final results of the night. It was casually mentioned that these were “not necessarily the bottom two,” which honestly helps to explain much of the night. Jacoby and Karina were safe, but Sean and Peta were declared the ones to go home.
Performances and such
It wasn’t much of a shock that Zendaya, Val and Henry brought back their basically perfect salsa for the encore dance.
This week’s Macy’s Stars of Dance performance came from Derek Hough. It involved gravity-defying dancing in a rotating box.
- Kellie and Derek — flamenco
- Ingo and Kym — Charleston
- Zendaya and Val — hip hop
- Sean and Peta — disco
- Aly and Mark — Afro jazz
- Jacoby and Karina — lindy hop
The dancers moving on to next week will be performing what has been chosen for them. Alas, there will be no disco.
Were Sean and Peta the right ones to go? Did you actually think Kellie and Derek might be eliminated? Who will be out in the semi-finals next week? Share your opinions in the comments section!