TV news and notes:
– Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit “The Daily Show” Tuesday night (July 15) to discuss her book “Hard Choices” with Jon Stewart. It will be Clinton’s third appearance on the show and her first since March 2008.
is gaining a new femme fatale in Season 4. Cara Buono (“Mad Men”) has joined the
cast in a large recurring role. According to the casting announcement,
her character is “uniquely qualified to navigate the new world order of
Season 4.” [Deadline]
– “Game of Thrones” has found a new home within Croatia. The officials in the town of Sibenik confirm that the HBO series will be shooting there starting in September. Casting for extras will begin on July 21. [Sibenik.in]
– Flo Rida is heading to “WWE Raw.” The rapper will perform a medley of his hits and serve as guest host when “Raw” emanates from Miami, Fla. on Monday, July 21, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on USA.
– Spike TV is bringing “Tut” to life as its first scripted event series in eight years and announced Monday (July 14) that Academy Award-winning actor Ben Kingsley has been cast as “Ay,” the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun. The show is filming on location in Morocco and Canada and will debut in 2015.
– Universal Cable Productions announced several new series this week, including acquiring the rights to Danish drama “The Legacy,” which follows the four children of an internally renowned artist who dies and leaves them to divide up her estate, which quickly turns their lives upside down as secrets and lies are revealed. UCP also picked up two new pilots: USA’s “Mr. Robot,” about a young computer programmer who suffers from a debilitating social disorder, and Syfy’s “The Magicians,” an adaptation of Lev Grossman’s fantasy book series.
– Also at Syfy, Thomas Jane has signed on to star in the channel’s upcoming space opera “The Expanse.” The show has also signed Terry McDonough (“An Adventure in Space and Time,” “Breaking Bad”) to direct the first two episodes. Jane will play a detective who joins up with a spaceshi’s captain on a galaxy-spanning search for a missing young woman.