Did you go to nick.com/kca/vote to cast your votes for the Kids’ Choice Awards on Nickeolodeon? Did your favorites win? Zap2it’s got all the best and worst moments of the 2010 Kids’ Choice Awards here.
There need to be more surprise slimings. That would really ramp the awards show to “Beyond Awesome.”
- The opening number with Kevin James had a surprise appearance by Adam Sandler dressed as an angel, who seemed to be having a ball. As he was singing “Do a little dance, make a lotta noise, get slimed tonight,” Sandler could not stop laughing.
- There was an on-going Ultimate Dance Smackdown. During the Bollywood number, I ask excitedly, “Are those the ‘Mary Poppins’ penguins?” and my boyfriend looks up and goes, “Nope, no bowties. Imposters.”
- Rihanna performed in a cute dress but it was very going-through-the-motions. The robots on stage with her were less robotic.
- Did everyone catch the Beyonce getting slimed commercial? Now that was hilarious.
- The kid on fast-forward who was revealing some of the awards during commercial breaks was terrifying. He is going to haunt my dreams. Though he did tell us that Taylor Swift is the Favorite Female Singer, “American Idol” is the Favorite Reality Show and Jacob/Bella is the Cutest Couple. That right there makes us think the majority of kids see “Twilight” on the big screen and haven’t actually read the books.
- Apparently host Kevin James thinks feeding a creepy ventriloquist dummy is what makes the show “beyond awesome.” I can only think, “Saw a dummy. Gave me the wig.”
- Katy Perry is some mermaid-Misfits-from-“Jem”-“Mean Girls”-plastic hybrid and it’s terrifying. But her getting slimed? Hilarious, especially when she falls down.
- It was disappointing that Cory Monteith and Lea Michele from “Glee” weren’t slimed because you could tell Lea was really dreading it.
- When Jonah Hill opens the envelope for Favorite TV Actress, he goes, “And the winner is … ‘Precious.'” Snerk.
- Justin Bieber performs and sorry, but he’s not that great a singer live. He does have his own Sanjaya-crying-girl though.
- When Zachary Levi accepts for “Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel,”he goes, “And to ‘Twilight’ … sorry!'”
- Tina Fey and Steve Carell just had to stand there and get slimed. They couldn’t even feign surprise. Fey’s delayed-reaction scream really sold teh moment.
- All the build up to Apolo Anton Ohno’s catapult slime stunt and then A) I’m worried about him getting hurt and then B) It’s totally fake. Weak.
on Twitter and Facebook
and Zap2it Andrea
Twitter for the latest movies, TV and
James hosting Kids Choice Awards
Choice Awards nominees: Team Edward, Team Jacob or Team Obama?