Ever since Regis Philbin’s retirement, Kelly Ripa has had a string of various co-hosts on “Live with Kelly.” And the latest is none other than reality TV personality Kim Kardashian. Kim takes over the “Live” chair Monday (Jan. 23) – are you guys excited? Will you tune in just to see if it’s a trainwreck?
Kim is ready and raring to go. She tweets at 4 a.m. ET, “Up early glamming for @LiveKelly! Tune in this morning! Xo.”
Here are some highlights from the broadcast:
- During the opening, Kelly talks about how beautiful Kim is and what great skin and hair she has. Kim tries to downplay it by talking about her psoriasis.
- They also talk about yesterday’s football games, including Ed Hotchuli’s explanation of the new overtime sudden death rules, which was kind of hilarious.
- Kelly takes the time to thank Kim for their ovarian cancer research fundraiser she helped with and thanks her for being at “Live” after her “tough year.” Kim says it’s been a “hard couple of months.”
- Kim addresses her marriage and says, “I’m such a hopeless romantic. I wanted to believe in something so badly. But if you really think about it, if this was a business decision and I really made all that money that everyone was claiming that we made off this wedding, and if the wedding was fake and just for TV – I’m a smart businesswoman, I would’ve stayed married longer … I really didn’t think following my heart would create this much backlash.”
- Kim also says she wants that “forever love” and she felt in her heart that it wasn’t right, so why wait years for the same result?
- This segues into the Heidi Klum-Seal divorce, which makes them both really sad. Kim says she would never wish anyone to go through a divorce.
- But Kim also points out you don’t really know what it’s like being in someone’s shoes and nobody sees her heart and the whole experience made her less judgmental.
- Kelly praises Kim’s bravery and courageous for talking about her whole ordeal.