Last month, Barbara Walters confirmed on “The View” that she would be speaking with Lindsay Lohan for an in-depth interview tied to “Liz & Dick,” Lindsay’s lifetime movie about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. The “20/20” interview was scheduled for Nov. 16, but Lindsay has reportedly pulled out of the sit-down at the last minute.
Lifetime confirms that Lindsay decided she didn’t want to do the interview any more. According to Deadline, “Lohan’s new flackery” — in other words, her team — “was dissatisfied with the direction ABC wanted to take the interview.”
ABC had already shot footage on the set of “Liz & Dick” to air paired with the interview.
Perhaps this has something to do with Lindsay not wanting to discuss her most recent dust-up with the law? She’s currently got obstruction of justice charges looming over her head related to her June car accident, when her Porsche rear-ended an 18-wheeler. Lindsay told cops that she wasn’t behind the wheel of the car at the time of the accident — she said her assistant was driving — but witnesses say she was.