Bite-sized news from the world of television, including a new TV home for Tyler Perry and a sitcom return for Gerald McRaney.
– Lifetime has set a premiere date for its movie “Liz & Dick,” starring Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor and Grant Bowler (“Ugly Betty,” “True Blood”) as Richard Burton. The movie will premiere at 9 p.m. Nov. 25, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. [Lifetime]
– “Saturday Night Live” has set its lineup for two more new shows in October. “Up All Night” star Christina Applegate will be the host on Oct. 13 — anyone want to put money on co-star Maya Rudolph making a cameo? — with musical guest Passion Pit. Bruno Mars will pull double duty as both host and musical guest on Oct. 20. [NBC]
– Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey are joining forces. Winfrey’s cable channel OWN has signed a deal with Perry to be the exclusive home for his new TV projects. Up first will be a pair of scripted shows, OWN’s first, that will debut in mid-2013. [OWN]
– “The Simpsons” is launching a contest for fans to create their own “couch gag.” You can submit entries through Nov. 15, and the best one will be featured on the show’s season finale next spring. Details are here. [FOX]
– “Mike & Molly” has booked Gerald McRaney, as a guest star in an upcoming episode. He’ll play Mike’s (Billy Gardell) captain on the police force in his first sitcom role since the mid-1990s. [Hollywood Reporter]
– In other CBS Monday sitcom guest-star news, Cedric the Entertainer will appear on an episode of “2 Broke Girls” later this fall. The “Soul Man” star will play Earl’s (Garrett Morris) son; look for the episode in November. [TV Guide]