Former “CSI” star Marg Helgenberger could be back on CBS next season. She’s taken a key role in the network’s drama pilot “Intelligence.”
Helgenberger will play the director of the U.S. Cyber Command in the pilot, which follows a unit built around an agent (Josh Holloway of “Lost”) who has a microchip implanted in his brain that lets him “access the entire electromagnetic spectrum.” James Martinez (“The Sessions,” “Gravity”) has also joined the show.
“Intelligence” will be the first role for Helgenberger since she left “CSI” midway through last season. She had starred in the crime drama since it debuted in 2000.
More pilot casting news:
– Audra McDonald (“Private Practice”) has joined another CBS drama, “The Ordained,” about the son of a political dynasty (Charlie Cox) who leaves the priesthood and re-enters his family’s life to protect his sister. McDonald will play a partner at the law firm where Cox’s character gets a job.
– “ER” and “Alcatraz” veteran Parminder Nagra will star with Patrick Fugit in ABC’s “Reckless.” She’ll play a co-worker and friend of Fugit’s character, who’s trying to rescue his wife from a politically unstable foreign country.
– Anna Friel (“Pushing Daisies”) will be part of Showtime’s “Vatican” pilot as the hard-living younger sister of Kyle Chandler‘s character, the archbishop of New York.
– ABC’s drama “Betrayal” has cast Hannah Ware (“Boss”) as its lead. Ware plays a woman who begins an affair with a lawyer for a powerful family — who also happens to be opposing her husband in court. [Deadline]
– Will Sasso has joined Annie Mumolo in ABC’s comedy “Middle Age Rage.” He’ll play the husband of Mumolo’s character, who has become fed up with being treated like a doormat.
– Megan Boone (“Law & Order: LA”) will star in NBC’s drama “Blacklist,” possibly opposite Kiefer Sutherland. Her character is a young FBI agent, the only one in the bureau that a recently captured criminal says he’ll work with. [Deadline]