Radio host Michael Savage is offering current Republican presidential nominee frontrunner Newt Gingrich a bit of an indecent proposal: $1 million to drop out of the race for the nomination. And Savage is a Republican – his whole reasoning is that Gingrich cannot defeat President Barack Obama in the general election.
Savage posts on his website:
The most pressing issue before America today is defeating Barack Obama. And that is something Newt Gingrich cannot do. For weeks on my show, I have enumerated the reasons why Gingrich cannot succeed in an election against Obama:
- When he was Speaker of the House, Gingrich failed to deliver on his so-called contract with America.
- He made ads with Nancy Pelosi promoting the false theory of global warming.
- He’s in favor of amnesty for illegal aliens.
- He’s taken hundreds of thousands of dollars from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, two of the most corrupt financial institutions in history.
- He’s cheated on two wives and left both of them while they were seriously ill, which will destroy his chances among female voters.
- He called the Republican plan to reform medicare “right wing social engineering.”
- In a presidential debate against Obama, regardless of how well he does, on television, he will come off badly compared to Obama and look like nothing more than what he is: a fat, old, white man.
Newt Gingrich is unelectable. Any of the other candidates would have a more viable chance of defeating Barack Obama, and there is nothing more important than that for the future health, safety and security of the United States of America. Therefore, I am offering Newt Gingrich one million dollars to drop out of the presidential race for the sake of the nation.
If Newt Gingrich really loves this country as much as he says he does, if he really wants what is best for America, he will set his ego aside, call me, and accept my offer. His continued candidacy spells nothing but ruin for conservatives, Republicans, and all true American patriots. One million dollars in exchange for preserving the nation, Newt. I say take the money … and don’t run.
Wow. Some strong words there. He’s not entirely wrong about why Gingrich would lose, we think. What do you guys think?