Security has been on high alert at Buckingham Palace following a break-in earlier this week, when a man made his way to a state room inside the palace. Luckily, no members of the Royal family were in the palace at the time.
But naturally, when police saw a man in the palace gardens, they demanded to see some identification. Unfortunately, they were demanding ID from Prince Andrew, Duke of York, the third child of Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
London’s Metropolitan Police tells People in an email that they have apologized to the prince and that he responded in good humor.
“I am grateful for their apology and look forward to a safe walk in the garden in the future,” says Andrew in statement.
The story was first reported by U.K. paper the Sunday Express, which said “Prince Andrew held at gunpoint,” as have several other reports. But the police force has tells People that Prince Andrew never had guns pointed at him, as no weapons were ever drawn during the incident.