It’s almost here, “Psych”-Os. The Season 8 premiere of everyone’s favorite psychic detective show debuts in just a few short hours. To tide you over until “Lock, Stock, Some Smoking Barrels and Burton Guster’s Goblet of Fire,” above is the official premiere poster, appearing exclusively at Zap2it, and below are a few spoiler-y nuggets.
- The episode is all about the Guster. Sure, Shawn and Despereaux are there, but it’s Gus’ time to shine. He is a “loud and proud” Potterhead who manages to get entangled in some criminal activity, which is just how we like Gus.
- Just when you thought you had Pierre Despereaux figured out, think again. There are a couple twists and turns in the episode to throw you for a loop. If this is the last time Cary Elwes appears on “Psych,” we feel we got our money’s worth.
- We aren’t sure we’d call Queen Elizabeth a “QILF,” show. But whatever frosts your biscuits.
- Don’t be worried that you won’t see any Santa Barbarians with the guys over in “old Londontown.” Lassiter provides some much-needed assistance to Shawn in his undercover quest.
- One of the best lines: “I thought I saw Rupert Grint. It was just dumb old Prince Harry.”
Grint Grunts, unite! “Psych” premieres Wednesday (Jan. 8) at 9 p.m. ET/PT on USA.