We’ve seen the second episode of “Psych” Season 8, fans, and are you in for a treat — there’s a major bombshell, Harris Trout (Anthony Michael Hall) is wreaking havoc on Santa Barbara’s finest and Shawn and Gus are at their hilarious best. Read on for a few spoilers from “S.E.I.Z.E. the Day.”
- The episode title refers to a new career Shawn and Gus are embarking on, now that the SBPD no longer hires psychics. Shawn is a life coach and his motto is S.E.I.Z.E. — don’t ask us to tell you what it stands for, because we are still not sure.
- Juliet and Lassiter have more than swapped places in the department. She’s acting head detective, while he has been demoted to beat cop. We aren’t sure we can get used to Lassie in the beat cop blues. Bring back his suits, please!
- Lassiter also reveals his middle name — Jebediah. Yep. It is not “Danger,” though he thinks it should be.
- There’s some life-changing news for one of our main characters, and it will be a lot of fun to watch play out this season. After the initial shock wears off, of course. We’re really hoping there’s a Season 9 in store after seeing this premiere.
- Celia Weston guest-stars as Trout’s mom. Fingers crossed we see more of her this season because she’s terrific. You may recognize her as Mike Delfino’s mom on “Desperate Housewives” and Cam Tucker’s mom on “Modern Family.”
- Some great lines include: “I am a stabber, not a shooter, you know that.” and “All I ever wanted to do was dance!”, but we aren’t telling you who they are said by.
- Speaking of lines, James Roday does a great Billy Bob Thornton impression in one of our favorite movie references the show has ever done.
- During the broadcast, we have to get #whatwouldgusdo trending on Twitter. Gotta do it.
“Psych” returns Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on USA.