By the time the episode ends, just about every Grayson hates every other Grayson and at least one of them is staring death in the face.
Like every other season of “Revenge,” the premiere begins with a flash-forward. Season 3’s awful event seems to show Emily (Emily VanCamp) getting shot in a wedding dress and falling into the water. There will be many episodes before any more information will come about this.
In the meantime, here are five spoilers to get you ready for another year of “Revenge”:
1. When Season 3 begins, neither Daniel (Josh Bowman) nor Emily have seen Victoria (Madeleine Stowe) for six months. Where is she? The full answer requires a lot of spoiler-filled explanation — let’s just say Victoria’s first appearance involves slow-motion horseback riding.
2. “NolCorp has gone the way of the flip-phone …” Nolan (Gabriel Mann) comes into Season 3 with a new outlook on life. He’s even willing to take risks like skydiving!
3. Whatever you think of “Revenge,” you cannot hate Conrad Grayson (Henry Czerny) shouting “Arctic pools! Arctic pools!” at a hapless flunky.
4. Jack (Nick Weschler) has turned into quite the liar in his time away from the Hamptons. His lies and anger do have the positive effect of giving the audience a date for Emily’s post-bullet swan dive.
5. A new character named Monique asks Emily what she does for a living during a party. The response pretty much explains the entire show: “I work for a lot of different charities. Making sure people get what they deserve.”
“Revenge” Season 3 premieres Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m.