TV News and Notes:
– Robert Buckley is headed back to The CW, as the “One Tree Hill” alum just landed the lead role in Rob Thomas’ “iZombie.” In the new one-hour drama, Buckley will take on the role of Major, a former college football player-turned-environmental engineer who is the former fiancé of Liv (yet to be cast). Based on the DC Comics’ property of the same name, “iZombie” focuses on a med student-turned-zombie who works in a coroner’s office to get brains she reluctantly eats to maintain her humanity. Buckley joins the previously cast
David Anders, Malcolm Goodwin and Alexandra Krosney.
– Want to catch up on “Orphan Black”
before Season 2 premieres on April 19? Then get yourself an Amazon Prime subscription, stat. The series is streaming exclusively on the service, and will be the online home for Season 1 and future seasons of the BBC America thriller.
– Jimmy Kimmel is heading to Austin for the SXSW Festival, and guests on the Texas editions of his show, airing March 10-14, will include Seth Rogen, Snoop Dogg, Rosario Dawson, Robert Duvall, Rachael Ray, Texas governor Rick Perry and more. Musical guests on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” will include White Denim, Aloe Blacc, Damon Albarn, The Preatures and Willie Nelson.
– “Sharknado 2: The Second One” will rage onto the small screen on July 31, 2014 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. It’s been revealed the sequel to the Syfy hit original movie will feature cameos by Perez Hilton, Biz Markie and Pepa from Salt-N-Pepa. [The Hollywood Reporter]
– Ginger is finally going to get her time in the spotlight in “True Blood” Season 7. Tara Buck has been upped to a series regular for the HBO drama’s final season. It’s unclear what exactly her increased role will be. [Deadline]
– Calling all “Supernatural” fans: If you love Castiel (Misha Collins), then get ready for a weekend full of the beloved, complicated angel. The Castiel Fan Network has organized a schedule for a “Casathon,”
or a marathon of the best Cas episodes, beginning on Saturday (March 8) and concluding on Sunday (March 9). Follow along with other Cas fans on Twitter as you watch using the hashtag #AngelWarrior.