Spoiler alert: It’s every bit as awesome as the original.
Although set in New York City and boasting a much larger and more recognizable cast, the hallmarks of “Sharknado” are all there. This includes random storms, inexplicable sharks, said sharks flying through the air, impossible saves, bloody deaths and chainsaws. Really, the bigger budget only means more sharks and even more gruesome deaths.
Need to know more? Here are five things to know from “Sharknado 2”:
1. “Sharknado 2” begins with an homage to two classic pieces of cinema: “The Twilight Zone” and “Airplane!”
2. While there are an incredible number of cameos in the film — from New York’s Naked Cowboy to Kelly Osborne — the duo of Al Roker and Matt Lauer pretty much win.
3. Only Ian Ziering and Tara Reid reprise their roles from the first film. Fin’s extended family makes up for the other characters’ absences.
4. Would you believe that Reid and Bruce Campbell have something in common? Because they do.
5. If you want a chainsaw, you’ll need to go to New Jersey.
“Sharknado 2: The Second One” premieres Wednesday, July 30 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.