TV news and notes:
– “Star Wars Rebels” finally has a premiere date. The series will make its Disney😄 premiere with a one-hour special “Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion” on Oct. 3 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. However, fans can watch the movie online first at WATCHDisneyXD.com starting Sept. 29. Following the movie’s debut, the “Star Wars Rebels” TV series will begin airing Mondays on Oct. 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Disney😄.
– Starz has released the official key art and trailer for its new series, “Survivor’s Remorse.” The series follows Cam Calloway (Jessie T. Usher) as he goes from 20-something basketball phenomenon to a professional player thrust into the world of pro sports and multi-million dollar contracts. “Survivor’s Remorse’s” six episode Season 1 premieres on Starz on Oct. 4. at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
– “Westworld’s” cast continues to grow, with Miranda Otto being the latest name to be added to the bunch. She’ll play Virginia Pittman, who is the head of the Westworld quality assurance department. Her “brutal honesty with her colleagues and ruthless efficiency in dealing with malfunctioning ‘property’ have made her a formidable and unpredictable power player.” Production on the pilot, which also stars Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandie Newton, Evan Rachel Wood and James Marsden, begins in August. [The Hollywood Reporter]
– Giacomo Gianniotti has joined the cast of “Selfie” as Freddy, a handsome, smart young lawyer who is a major shareholder at the company where Eliza (Karen Gillan) and Henry (John Cho) work. “Selfie” also stars David Harewood, Allyn Rachel and Da’Vine Joy Randolph. It will premiere on Tuesday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. [Deadline]
– Andy Ridings and Dylan Gelula are cast in NBC’s new comedy “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.” Ridings will play a character named Charles, while Gelula will play Xanthippe, the stepdaughter of Jane Krakowski’s character. “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” stars Ellie Kemper, and tells the story about a woman who ventures out into the world after 15 years of living in a cult. Tina Fey is a writer and producer on the project. [Deadline]