The “Teen Wolf” Season 3 tagline is “This might hurt.” Well, we got a sneak peek at the first two new episodes, and we can definitely confirm that pain is in the cards for all the characters. And probably for the audience, too. The show returns June 3 at 10 p.m. EST, but in the meantime, here are eight teases to whet your appetite.
1. The hot identical Alpha twins get shirtless within the first few minutes of the premiere. You know, in case you aren’t watching for the plot. Charlie Carver and Max Carver play the new kids at Beacon Hills High — and just wait til you see them transform. They’re different from any other werewolves, Alphas or not, that we’ve ever seen on the show before.
2. Beacon Hills is plagued by a series of murders. That’s nothing new, of course, but this time, the slayings seem, oddly enough, not to be related to the town’s werewolf situation. Stiles becomes pretty obsessed with them, and helps his dad with the investigation.
3. Scott is on a self-improvement streak. “I’m going to be better this year. a better student, a better son, better friend, better everything,” he promises. And he’s on a roll — he’s reading books, working out, studying for the PSATs, and saving up for a motorcycle. There’s just one problem. In the four months since the finale, Derek hasn’t told Scott about the Alpha pack, determined to let Scott be a normal teenager. If he does realize what’s going on, he may be distracted from his book list.
4. Derek doesn’t live in his old ramshackle house anymore, because the county took it. But before he leaves it behind, he shares a meaningful scene with Scott and Stiles there. It’s a powerful moment that reveals a lot about Scott’s mindset right now…. and about what Derek endured to get the spiral tattoo on his back.
5. A very significant new character comes into play in the first minute of the premiere episode. She knows something important about Scott — and by the end of the first episode, she’ll be instrumental in revealing (to the audience) the Alpha pack’s goal, and how it connects to Scott and Derek.
6. Stiles gets some love! While Scott pines over Allison, Stiles seems to have done a great job of getting over Lydia this summer. He’s even interested in other people. In the second episode, “Chaos Rising,” we finally see him share a kiss or two… and the encounter ultimately sends him scrambling for a condom. Given Stiles’ track record, it’s probably not too spoilery to tell you all that this doesn’t end too well.
7. When the season starts, Erica and Boyd have been missing for months, but Derek, Peter, and Isaac haven’t given up looking for them. The search nearly kills Isaac — and when he’s rescued, things don’t exactly improve for him. We’ll see Isaac go through some pretty horrific things in order to find the missing members of his pack. Not the least of which involves Peter’s fingernail-claws in his brain.
8. There’s plenty of Sterek interaction. This summer, we heard that Stiles and Derek don’t share many scenes in the first 12 episodes — but they definitely work together in the first two episodes, with their usual brand of banter and general (affectionate) annoyance with each other. We got a laugh out of it.