ABC has released the details about the premiere episode of Desiree Hartsock‘s season of “The Bachelorette.” There’s a lot going on, but here are the highlights:
- Desiree is made to feel like a princess, as she is welcomed to the Bachelorette manse and given both the keys to a Bentley and a silvery gown.
- One of the bachelors is a “sleight-of-hand artist”. (Illusionist? Magician-American? What do they prefer to be called?)
- Over the course of the first meet ‘n greet, an oil-rig worker gets totally nude and jumps in the pool. Because he’s that guy.
- One bachelor offers to show Desiree his private “fantasy suite” and apparently her reaction shocks the house. Naughty.
- Later in the season, Desiree and her men travel to Atlantic City, Germany, Spain, the island of Madeira (off the coast of Portugal) and other exotic locales.
- There are performances by Andy Grammer, Soulja Boy, Kate Earl, Darius Rucker, a Fado singer and Matt White, plus a VIP screening of “The Lone Ranger.” Woo hoo?
- 11 men have to compete for The Bachelorette’s Mr. America title in Atlantic City. Yikes.
The press release also says, “There are surprises in store for Emily that will shake her world.”
We’re assuming that’s a typo. Because we’re going to be pretty annoyed if Emily Maynard makes an appearance.
“The Bachelorette” premieres Monday, May 27 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.