– “The Good Wife” has booked Michael J. Fox for a return visit, but it isn’t just for one episode this time. Fox will reprise the role of Louis Canning for a multi-episode arc at the end of the current season. This comes in the wake of “The Michael J. Fox Show” being canceled by NBC, but the “Good Wife” creators were optimistic at winter press tour that Fox could come back either way, since his self-titled show had already wrapped for the year. [TVLine]
– Former “Happy Endings” star Zachary Knighton has booked a pair of gigs. He’s joining NBC’s “Parenthood” for a mutli-episode arc as a teacher at the school Kristina (Monica Potter) founded and will also star in a FOX comedy pilot called “Weird Loners,” playing one of four social misfits who live in the same Queens townhouse.
– Jerry Seinfeld’s Super Bowl edition of “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” featuring a “Seinfeld” reunion, has been streamed 1.9 million times as of Monday night (Feb. 3). The show, which has Jason Alexander and Wayne Knight reprising their roles from the NBC hit, was previewed during the big game. “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” has been viewed over 25 million times in its three seasons [THR]
– CBS’ “Blue Bloods” has been sold into syndication in a three-pronged deal that will see it join ION’s primetime lineup this fall. Its basic-cable rights go to WGN America (which like Zap2it is owned by Tribune Co.), which also will start repeating earlier seasons later this year. Hulu Plus gets a nonexclusive SVOD license for “Blue Bloods,” likewise starting before 2014 is over.
– The “Archer” soundtrack that was revealed at the 2014 TCA winter press tour has a new release date: March 3, not Feb. 17 as was previously announced. March 3 is also the date of the world premiere video of the “Danger Zone” duet between “Cherlene” and Kenny Loggins, airing during that night’s “Archer” episode. The soundtrack will feature three new songs original to the FX animated comedy.
– Starz has released the official key art for the upcoming Season 2 of “Da Vinci’s Demons,” and, if the photo is any indication, there’s trouble ahead for Leonardo (Tom Riley). Caught in a freefall, the art invokes the myth of Icarus. According to the network, the story of Icarus is a metaphor for da Vinci’s journey in Season 2 as he continues to put himself and those he loves in danger in his unending quest for truth and knowledge. Season 2 premieres Saturday, March 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
– “The Simpsons” star Hank Azaria is joining Showtime’s “Ray Donovan” in a main role for the third season. Azaria will play James Cochran, head of the Los Angeles FBI office. Sherilyn Fenn will join in a recurring role as his wife. Season 2 of “Ray Donovan” is scheduled for the summer.
– Four installments of “Sex Sent Me to the ER”
weren’t nearly enough, it turns out. TLC has ordered an additional 35
episodes of the series, which recounts sexual mishaps that land those
involved in the hospital. TLC is currently casting for the series, if you think you’ve got what it takes.