“The Good Wife” returns this week with “Everything is Ending,” the kick-off to its fifth season. We’ve seen the episode and let us tell you, the show does not waste any time coming at you with both barrels, both with the over-arching storylines and the Case of the Week.
Here are six things to look forward to:
- With Peter as the Governor-elect, the Florrick family has upped their fame status even more, which is actually most distinctly felt by Grace, via an interesting internet post that involves her, Bristol Palin, Meghan McCain and Abby Huntsman. Welcome to the big time, Grace.
- The fourth-years leaving to start their own firm is in full swing, but Alicia and her co-horts’ departure is delayed a bit, for two different reasons.
- One of those reasons is Alicia wanting to see her current case through to the end, as Lockhart/Gardner races against the clock to save a man nearing execution on death row.
- The crux of the case is a nice call-back for the show — we love how intricately the show’s cases are interwoven, with long memories on the part of the writers. All we’ll say is you may want to bone up on the December 2010 episode “Nine Hours.”
- David Lee is highly suspicious of the goings-on of the fourth-years and wants Kalinda to get to the bottom of it. Will she sell out Cary and his merry band of defectors?
- Apropos of nothing, someone utters the line, “Well, anal is what we need right now.”
“The Good Wife” returns Sunday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.