With only 24 hours to go before the Season 2 premiere of “The Vampire Diaries,” fans have just enough time to prepare themselves for the emotional roller coaster. Strap on those safety belts, Salvatore fans.
You’re about to see everyone’s A-game. From the writers to the cast, every single person involved
puts forth his or her best-ever performance in this episode, “The
Return.” Ian Somerhalder must have spent his summer coming up with a
whole new repertoire of smirks and scowls, and Paul Wesley‘s knack for nailing subtle moments shines. Nina Dobrev is so convincing
as both Katherine and Elena that I wouldn’t be surprised to discover
that she actually does have an evil twin who is doing half the job for
her. Zap2it chose Michael Trevino and Steven R. McQueen as two of the
most underrated TV actors, and I’m sure that by the end of this episode,
I don’t want to give away too much — mostly because I made some very embarrassing noises while watching, and I don’t think I should have to be alone in that. Here’s what I can tell you without ruining your fun… or mine:
- First thing’s first – this episode is hot. Between Katherine’s fashion choices, a good long look at Wesley’s abs, and one of the most sizzling make-out scenes I’ve ever witnessed on screen, I’m expecting a run on cold showers around 9 p.m. EST tomorrow.
- When Vicki died in the first season, we learned that nobody on this show is safe. Keep that in mind. If there’s anything I know about “The Vampire Diaries,” it’s that if you think things are going to be okay… you’re wrong.
- Two characters will share a first kiss.
- Somerhalder and I spoke over the summer about how much he hates Damon’s most vulnerable moments. Let’s just say he must have really, really, really hated one of the scenes in this episode. Really.
- Stefan’s protective instincts will emerge in a way they never have before. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.
- Someone will do something unforgivable.
- Tyler’s rage will reach a new level. I gasped out loud during one particularly charged scene.
- What you won’t see: Alaric. Matt Davis is absent from this episode, but with so much action packed into it, you probably won’t miss him… much. This doesn’t foreshadow his presence throughout the season, though. I hear that Alaric’s storylines will still be essential to the plot, and he and Damon will become even more entangled as they try to find answers.
If you feel like you might die of anticipation before you see “The Return,” don’t fret. Zap2it has a veritable wealth of “Vampire Diaries” goodness coming your way before (and after) the episode airs, including an exclusive interview that will go live immediately as the credits roll on the east coast.
on Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.
Photo Credit: CW