TV news and notes:
– To prepare viewers for a return “Under the Dome,”
CBS is airing an “Inside Chester’s Mill” special on Monday, June 23 at
10 p.m. ET/PT. This one-hour special will look back at Season 1, feature
new interviews with cast members and creators and will also give
viewers a few teases about Season 2, which premieres the following week
on June 30 with an episode written by the book’s author Stephen King.
– TNT will prepare fans for the new season of “Major Crimes”
with a 19-hour marathon of the show before Monday’s (June 9) premiere.
The marathon kicks off at 2 a.m. ET/PT Monday and will feature all of
Season 2, leading up to the 9 p.m. premiere of Season 3.
– Lifetime’s “Un-Real,” the dark comedy about the behind-the-scenes interworkings of a reality dating show, has recast the role of the executive producer of the fictional show. “House of Cards” alum Constance Zimmer is replacing Magyn Price, who played the role in the pilot. Zimmer will star alongside Shiri Appleby, who plays the young, put-upon assistant whose job it is to manipulative the contestants’ relationships. [Deadline]
– In one of the next steps toward some real-life “Hunger Games,” Bravo talk show host and “Real Housewives” franchise executive producer Andy Cohen is shopping “I Slept With a Celebrity” around Hollywood. This reality program will feature civilians recounting their one-night stands with famous people. No network is attached yet. [THR]
– TBS has picked up a third season of “King of the Nerds” to air in early 2015. Season 2 of the geek-centric competition show averaged 1.5 million viewers and skewed heavily toward the younger audience TBS targets. Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong will return as hosts and executive producers.
– “Garfunkel and Oates,” IFC’s new comedy series starring Riki Lindholme and Kate Micucci, will premiere Thursday, Aug. 7. The “Flight of the Conchords”-esque show follows the two stars as they try to make it on the comedy scene while dealing with various personal crises.
– Carlton Cuse’s “The Returned” has cast yet another leading man. “True Blood” alum Kevin Alejandro will star alongside Mark Pellegrino, Sophie Lowe and Mat Vairo in the remake of the French series of the same name. Alejandro will play Sheriff Tommy Moran. [Deadline]