On Wednesday night (Feb. 8) in New Orleans Arena, comedian/actor Will Ferrell took the microphone to do the starting lineup announcements for the New Orleans Hornets game versus the Chicago Bulls.
Ferrell is in New Orleans shooting “Dog Fight,” peppered the Bulls’ lineup with a few “facts” to go along with each player:
- “At forward, No. 5, he still lives with his mother – Carlos Boozer!”
- “At forward, No. 9, he collects rare birds and has a pet dolphin named Chachi – Luol Deng”
- “At center, No. 13, he’s a Scorpio and a horrible dancer – Joakim Noah”
- “At guard, No. 11, he once ate 20 hot dogs in a hour – Ronnie Brewer”
- “At guard, No. 1, his favorite movie is ‘The Notebook’ – Derrick Rose”
For the Hornets, Ferrell tossed out:
- Gustavo Ayon “doesn’t speak a lick of English, but we still love him”
- Trevor Ariza still likes “to listen to Bel Biv Devoe”
- In college, Emeka Okafor “majored in econ but he minored in love”
- Marco Belinelli ironically “hates Italian food”
- Jarrett Jack, whose dream after basketball “is to become a rodeo clown”
Will Ferrell, he’s such a crazy dude. Love it.