Amanda Bynes tries to clean gasoline-soaked dog in liquor store




Amanda Bynes was hospitalized for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation Tuesday (July 23) and her behavior leading up to being taken into custody grows increasingly more bizarre as details continue to emerge.

While setting a fire in a woman's driveway, Bynes apparently managed to soak her pet Pomeranian in gasoline. So she ran to a nearby liquor store to try to clean him off. TMZ has the surveillance footage from the store and the store owner says the cashier smelled the gasoline and followed Bynes into the employees-only area, where she was rinsing the dog off in a sink. But as soon as the cashier spoke to Bynes, she "freaked out" and left.

Incidentally, no one knows the dog's whereabouts now that Bynes is in custody.

Meanwhile, Bonnie Braaten, the woman whose driveway was the scene of Bynes' fire, tells the New York Daily News, "It's sad. I'm glad no one was hurt and it didn't spread to my house and my neighbor's house. It could have been really bad."

Braaten's daughter Christi adds, "There was a lighter in my mom's bushes. They think it's the one she used. They said she took a cab and asked the cab driver to get her a gallon of gas. The whole thing just doesn't seem real. We're sad about the whole situation and hope she gets the help she needs."
Photo/Video credit: TMZ
SHARE IT ON: