'Bachelor' Juan Pablo's season: Sean Lowe, 'The Hobbit' and more
The season sounds kind of bonkers, which is just the way we like our "Bachelor" shows. Here are a few highlights:
- In the first half of the two-night premiere, Juan Pablo is surprised by a visit from Sean Lowe. Sean offers some pointers on how he should handle his romantic adventure when 27 amazing women come from all over the world to meet him.
- Although not looking forward to having to send any of these beautiful bachelorettes home, he soon forgets about that when he hears the first screams of excitement from the limousines. It's obvious the women are out to make a memorable first impression. [Note: That sounds terrifying]
- One woman shows up seven months pregnant. Is it a stunt or an OMG real moment?
- Things get a little crazy when an overzealous masseuse gets the Bachelor on her massage table and treats him to some of her best moves.
- As the party draws to a close, Juan Pablo offers the coveted first-impression rose to a stunning beauty, but she is hesitant to accept it. Why?
- A "Winter Wonderland"- complete with ice skating, sledding and a hot tub - is the Los Angeles setting for Juan's first one-on-one date, culminating in a private concert by blues, rock and soul singer Josh Krajcik.
- A group photo shoot benefitting the Models and Mutts charity causes quite a commotion among the women when two bachelorettes discover how their photos will be handled with Juan Pablo.
- The group journeys on to New Zealand where a thrilling, but mysterious boat trip through the Tutukau Gorge, a spin inside an Ogo and a visit to the famed movie set of Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" are the backdrop for more romantic twists and turns.
- As in the past, women will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point a woman should decide that she's no longer interested in the Bachelor, she can reject his invitation to continue dating.
Getting excited yet, "Bachelor" fans? We'll have the list of ladies for you as soon as ABC releases it. The two-night premiere starts Sunday, Jan. 5 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.