Brittany Snow heads to 'Ben and Kate' and more TV casting news
The first-year FOX comedy has signed Brittany Snow to a recurring part, E! Online reports. Her character, Lila, will meet while she's out walking her dog and start a relationship that will last for at least a few episodes.
Snow currently stars in the movie "Pitch Perfect." "Ben and Kate" will be her first TV role since she was let go from "Harry's Law" after its first season.
More TV casting:
- "Pretty Little Liars" actress (and Hawaii native) Janel Parrish will guest on an episode of "Hawaii Five-0" set to air early next year. She'll play a college student who gets angry when someone interferes with her career plans. [ Hollywood Reporter]
- Former "24" star Mary-Lynn Rajskub is headed to "The Mentalist." In a January episode of the CBS drama, she'll play a rehab patient whose roommate is murdered. [ TVLine]
- Another "24" alum, D.B. Woodside, has booked a role on The CW's "Emily Owens, M.D." Woodside, who also had a run on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," will recur as the husband of the intimidating Dr. Bandari ( Necar Zadegan). [ Hollywood Reporter]
- "The Mindy Project" has signed veteran actor Hal Linden ("Barney Miller") for a guest role. He'll play a retired Army drill sergeant now living in a nursing home, but not exactly in frail health. [ TVLine]
- Former "Royal Pains" regular Jill Flint has booked a lead role in NBC's pilot "After Hours." The show follows the staff working the graveyard shift in a San Antonio hospital; Eion Macken ("Merlin") and Freddy Rodriguez ("Six Feet Under") also star. [ Deadline]