'Castle' Season 6 premiere: 6 spoilers to know about 'Valkyrie'
Thanks to a rather annoying (and awesome) cliffhanger at the end of the Season 5 finale -- when Castle ( Nathan Fillion) broke out a surprising marriage proposal for Beckett ( Stana Katic) -- it's been a long summer for fans of the show. Now that the next season's premiere is coming, however, the wait is almost over.
Trust me, "Castle" is worth the wait.
The show's beginning to Season 6 demonstrates exactly why "Castle" is one of the most critically underrated programs on television. Mystery, romance, comedy and high stakes all play a part in closing out last season's dangling plots while simultaneously pointing the show straight toward its future.
We even get another cliffhanger at the end of the premiere! It's like the case-of-the-week format is dabbling in serialized television at its best.
But enough of the vague and uninformative compliments. You're reading this for spoilers. While these are designed to give away very little about the plot or characters of "Castle" Season 6, here are 6 things to know about "Valkyrie."
1. The answer to Castle's proposal comes right at the beginning of the episode (before a time jump even). What's Beckett's answer? Obviously, I can't tell you that. But I will say it's a very "Castle" sort of answer.
2. Don't know what the title, "Valkyrie," means? That's okay. Nobody else in the "Castle" episode knows what it means either -- for most of the premiere.
3. Alexis has a new friend. That friend annoys Castle. And not just because this is a person who calls him "Mr. C" and cooks something called "papaya steaks."
4. Beckett likes red wine with her salmon. There is a specific type of red wine, in fact, that she likes very, very much.
5. There is a car crash. One of the two people in the car is killed. It is possible, however, that the car crash does not kill him.
6. "Are you gonna water-board me? 'Cause that's going to seriously affect our relationship." Out of context, this shouldn't give away too much. This is a good thing, because lines like this are too good not to share.
"Castle" Season 6 premieres Monday, Sept. 23 at 10pm on ABC.