'Dancing with the Stars' casting: Valerie Harper, Britney Spears and more Season 17 celebrity rumors
With rumors beginning to circulate, here is a list of 19 celebrity names who might be new "DWTS" dancers.
- John Stamos or Jamie Lee Curtis: As hinted by an editor of the Huffington Post on Twitter, a famous "yogurt spokesperson" is going to be on "Dancing with the Stars." Stamos has been asked in the past. Curtis is a huge fan of the show, seen in the audience almost every season. Either actor would be an amazing addition.
- Amber Riley: The "Glee" star (who has played Mercedes since the show premiered) but will have a greatly reduced part in the upcoming Season 5. She has posted on Instagram that she'll have an announcement to make on Wednesday.
- Valerie Harper: This star of "Rhoda" and "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" will likely dance this fall, despite a diagnosis of terminal brain cancer earlier in the year. Doctors now say she may be nearing remission. **
- Leah Remini: Formerly a star of "The King of Queens," Remini has made headlines recently for her public break with Scientology. This is actually a logical next step in forward career motion.
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi: Other "Jersey Shore" stars have been on "Dancing with the Stars," so why not Snooki? If the new mom wants to show a more mature side, this could be a good venue to do so.
- Elizabeth Berkley: The former "Saved by the Bell" and "Showgirls" star is -- unlike many of her former castmates -- in need of a career boost. And this is one of the best choices ever if you want to bring in the '90s kids.
- Christina Milian: As a social-media correspondent for "The Voice," Milian's name has gotten more prominent recently. And any association with "The Voice" can't hurt.
- Keyshawn Johnson: The show is pretty much required to find a charismatic and well-known football player. Johnson fits the bill.
- Jack Osbourne: The son of the famous (or infamous) Osbourne family has been floating around as a pick for "Dancing with the Stars" for months. Will it be true? He is a good reality-show choice.
- Britney Spears: This one is a long-shot for obvious reasons, but the pop diva did post on Twitter that she's got a big secret to reveal one week from Wednesday, Aug. 28. "DWTS" is a possible choice -- not that it's ever going to happen.
- Corbin Bleu: Best known for his role in the "High School Musical" series, the young actor hasn't been seen too much recently. He could also satisfy the "Disney kid" quota for the season.
- J.C. Chasez: Coming off the much-anticipated (although short) N' Sync reunion at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, could Chasez follow in the dance shoes of Joey Fatone and Lance Bass? The boy-bander has denied it, but only the official announcement will tell for sure.
- Farrah Abraham: This former and infamous "Teen Mom" star may just be an idle rumor, but you know people would watch her. A star likely to go the bad-behavior route is always a draw.
- Paula Deen: Would "Dancing with the Stars" be interested in this controversial star right now? It's questionable -- and who knows if she'd even get votes -- but this would certainly make for interesting TV.
- Patricia "Tan Mom" Krentcil: It doesn't seem like "Dancing with the Stars" would stoop this low. But the name is out there.
- Jason Varitek: Sorry, Red Sox fans. The former baseball player, while a rumored "DWTS" cast member, probably won't dance. His wife tweeted as much last Thursday (Aug. 22).
- Bella Thorne: Another possibility for the season's Disney Kid, the "Shake It Up" star has reportedly been asked to join the show.
- Seth MacFarlane: Although there is literally nothing to support the idea that he is actually considering dancing, MacFarlane has reportedly been asked to be a "DWTS" contestant.