'Dracula' adds a leading lady and more casting and pilot news
Irish actress Victoria Smurfit ("About a Boy," "The Beach") will play Lady Jayne in the drama. Jonathan Rhys Meyers plays the title character, who's posing as a doctor in 1890s London.
Jayne will feel an instant attraction to Dracula (who's going by the name Alan Grayson), but he's hung up on Mina ( Jessica DeGouw), whom he believes is the reincarnation of his late wife.
Other pilot-season news:
- CBS has cast Blake Garrett Rosenthal ("New Girl") as Anna Faris' 8-year-old son in its comedy pilot "Mom," from Chuck Lorre.
- Patty Jenkins ("Monster," "The Killing") has been tapped to direct ABC's drama pilot "Betrayal." It's about a woman who's having an affair with a defense lawyer -- who happens to be trying a case against her husband, who's a prosecutor. [ Deadline]
- CBS has ordered "Second Sight," a drama about a detective who has a virus that affects his eyesight and causes hallucinations -- which in turn give him greater insight into his cases. It's based on a 1999 British series that starred Clive Owen.
- Veteran actor Kevin Dunn ("Luck," "Transformers") has joined the cast of HBO's "True Detective," starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. Dunn will play the captain of the homicide squad where Harrelson and McConaughey work.
- Mike Judge's HBO pilot "Silicon Valley" has added Lindsey Broad ("The Office," "21 Jump Street") and Josh Brener ("Glory Daze") to its cast. [ Deadline]