'Gossip Girl adds Zoe Aggeliki to Season 6; 'Smash' star heads to 'Necessary Roughness'
- The final season of "Gossip Girl" will introduce a new adversary for Serena ( Blake Lively) in the form of French model/actress Zoe Aggeliki. She'll play Natasha Spence, the sister of the guy ( Barry Watson) Serena is now seeing, and she apparently doesn't much care for her brother's new girlfriend. [ HollywoodLife]
- Will Chase, who's coming off playing (the actor who played) Joe DiMaggio on "Smash," will combine music and sports again on USA's "Necessary Roughness." He'll play a one-time rock star who, along with a former bandmate (played by "The Bourne Identity's" Josh Hamilton), seeks Danni's ( Callie Thorne) help in advance of a reunion tour. Look for Chase's episode in the winter. [ TVLine]
- Pete Rose is getting a reality show. TLC will follow baseball's all-time hits leader and his fiancee, Playboy model Kiana Kim, as they work through some of the tougher aspects of their relationship (he lives in Las Vegas, she's in Los Angeles) and Rose considers once again appealing his lifetime ban from baseball. [ TLC]
- The CW will usher in its fall season with a two-hour concert special featuring highlights from the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas. The two-hour special will air Oct. 1 -- a day before the network begins its fall premieres -- and compile the best of the Sept. 21-22 festival, whose roster includes Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Rihanna, Usher, Swedish House Mafia and many more artists. [ The CW]
- "The Terminator" star (and "Chuck's" mom) Linda Hamilton has booked a guest role on the third season of "Lost Girl." She'll play a "tough, sexy and ruthless assassin" who has her sights trained on Bo ( Anna Silk). [ TVLine]
- The fourth season of the BBC's political comedy "The Thick of It" will air simultaneously in the United States and the United Kingdom, thanks to a new co-production deal with Hulu. Season 4 doesn't have a premiere date yet, but the show's first three seasons will be available on Hulu starting July 29. [ Variety]