Heather Graham: Pad on fire from candles left unattended

heather-graham-pad-on-fire.jpg

Heather Graham's NYC pad caught on fire after the actress did the ultimate fire safety no-no: She left candles burning unattended in her bathroom, and her whole apartment went up in flames.

Apparently Graham had lit some candles near her bath tub and then headed out for the night, but they candles were too close to clothes she had left hanging up and the clothing caught on fire. The New York Post reports that the blaze started at about 10 p.m. in Graham's 12th-floor Broadway home and took FDNY officials about 45 minutes to put out.

"It was candles that maybe caught some clothes that were left near the tub," FDNY Chief John Bley confirms to the Post. No word on how severe the damage is, but at least Graham now has learned her lesson about leaving candles burning when she's not around to monitor them.

Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
SHARE IT ON: