Kim Kardashian to auction clothes for Philippines typhoon victims, only pledges 10 percent

kim-kardashian-charity-fail-gi.jpgIs this a charity auction or a fancy garage sale?

On Thursday (Nov. 21), Kim Kardashian announced that she would be auctioning off her clothes on eBay to raise money for the victims of the deadly typhoon in the Philippines. So far, so good, right? Problem is, the auction pages come with a disclaimer that only 10 percent of the final sale price will make its way to the International Medical Corps, Kardashian's charity of choice. As for the other 90 percent? Who knows.

"The proceeds will go directly to the communities they're serving in the Philippines and will help typhoon survivors get access to medical care and ultimately save lives," the reality star wrote on her Celebuzz blog. "My prayers and thoughts are with those affected by the typhoon. Check out my eBay auction here and support those who need out help in the Philippines."

Funny how she neglects to mention only $10 out of every $100 will be donated.

And another thing -- Kim Kardashian isn't a person of limited means. While the auction (however little it's actually giving to charity) is a well-intentioned effort, why isn't she coughing up any of her own money? Instead, it seems she's making a profit off this little endeavor.

Bad form, Kimmy.
Photo/Video credit: Getty Images
SHARE IT ON: