Shain Gandee cause of death: 21-year-old reality star may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning

buckwild-buck-wild-shain-gandee-dead.jpgOn Monday, news broke that the body of Shain Gandee, 21-year-old star of MTV reality series "Buckwild," was found alongside two other bodies in a vehicle in his hometown of Sissonville, West Virginia. Now, more grisly details about the circumstances of Gandee's death have emerged.

The Kanawha County Sheriff's Office in West Virginia tells TMZ that the bodies of Shain, his uncle David Gandee, and a third person are still inside Shain's 1984 Bronco, where they were originally found. The truck is stuck knee-deep in mud, and it can only be reached via all-terrain vehicle.

It is currently believed that when the truck got stuck in the mud, its exhaust pipe was covered -- causing the three people inside to die of carbon monoxide poisoning inside. There was no cell phone service in the area, so they likely couldn't reach help, and were waiting for someone to drive by. Unfortunately, when an ATV rider passed the truck on Monday morning, it was too late.
Photo/Video credit: MTV
SHARE IT ON: