'Survivor' renewed for 2014-15; Miley Cyrus joins 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' lineup
- CBS has picked up two more editions of "Survivor" for the 2014-15 season and extended its contract with host and executive producer Jeff Probst. The two cycles for next season will be the 29th and 30th installments of the show and will take "Survivor" past the 450-episode mark.
- Miley Cyrus has been inescapable in 2013, so it's fitting that she'll help bring the year to a close. She'll be one of the performers on ABC's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" broadcast in New York's Times Square. [ @MileyCyrus]
- ABC has a special souvenir for "Scandal" fans just in time for holiday gift lists. A photo of the entire cast, titled "The Storm Is Coming," is available in limited quantities at datgprints.com. The prints are each signed and numbered by the photographer. If you or your gift recipient are more into Olivia Pope ( Kerry Washington) or President Fitz ( Tony Goldwyn), they've got you covered with individual character photos as well.
- "Castle" has cast Frances Fisher ("Titanic," "Eureka") as a formidable fashion-magazine editor who shares a small bit of her past with Beckett ( Stana Katic). Executive producer Andrew Marlowe describes the character: "In investigating the case, we discover that the Anna Wintour character, Matilda King [Fisher], who runs this magazine, Modern Fashion, crossed paths with Beckett when she briefly flirted with a career as a model." The fashion-forward episode is scheduled to air on Jan. 27. [ TV Guide]
- Get ready to meet Danny's ( Scott Caan) father on "Hawaii Five-0." The CBS series has cast Tom Berenger as Danny's dad, a retired firefighter. Berenger's guest appearance will coincide with that of Melanie Griffith, who was previously cast as Danny's mom. No word yet on an airdate. [ EW]
- MTV just couldn't wait to show off the new, re-vamped season of "The Real World." The network has moved up the premiere date of "The Real World: Ex-Plosion" to Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 10 p.m. ET. It was previously scheduled to debut on Jan. 15.
- Get ready for a New Years celebration filled with "Girl Code." MTV will ring in 2014 with the "Girl Code Presents: New Year's Code" special airing Dec. 31 at 10 p.m. ET. The one-hour special is hosted by Carly Aquilino of "Girl Code" and Charlamagne tha God from MTV2's "Guy Code." Following the New Year's Eve special, Carly and Charlamagne will continue the live hits and count down until 2014 from Times Square.