'The Carrie Diaries' spoilers and clip: Valentine's Day brings issues for everyone in 'Date Expectations'
Valentine's Day is a holiday filled with love, happiness, and low expectations, right? Ha, jokes. Everyone's V-day is going to suck on Friday's (Jan. 10) "The Carrie Diaries."
Zap2it got an early look at the episode, "Date Expectations," and we can say with confidence that like real life, Carrie, Sebastian, Walt, Bennett, Maggie, Mouse and Donna are going to suffer from less-than-stellar Valentine's Days whether they planned something uber-romantic or not. But will they all come out with dates despite their disappointing days?
Here are 10 spoilers from the episode -- and get some scoop from executive producer Amy B. Harris here:
10. While all Walt wants to do is spend his holiday with Bennett at a romantic restaurant, Bennett drags him to a gay club for a popular party. This makes Walt confront whether or not he's ready to give up all the "traditional" things a straight life offers.
Watch a clip from the episode where Walt and Bennett discuss that very issue:
9. The party also brings Walt and Bennett face-to-face with the mid-'80s NYC AIDS epidemic when Bennett gets the news that his ex is dying from AIDS.
8. We can't reveal whether or not Bennett's ex passed along the disease to him, or whether or not Bennett in turn passed it to Walt, but they both get tested and their results lead them to make some pretty heartbreaking decisions.
7. Carrie -- being Carrie -- drops everything to try and help her friend Walt during his crisis.
6. But that's a pretty tough thing for her to do since she's facing her own relationship problems with Sebastian. He's got a great new idea for a business, creating a skateboarder/surfer brand, but Carrie is less-than-supportive of it.
5. A very famous name gets dropped, and Carrie hilariously bungles up that name.
4. Tom uses his newfound powers of being embarrassing to Dorrit for Dorrit's own good. It's sneaky, it's diabolical, and Tom has the best time doing it. Good going, Dadshaw!
3. In planning for her future, Maggie makes a bold but extremely rash decision and immediately regrets it.
2. She'll turn to Mouse for help, who in turn looks to Donna of all people to help. This unlikely trio teams up to save the day.
1. New relationships will form, current relationships will get stronger, but one relationship will end by the time the credits start rolling. Grab the kleenex and prepare yourself, because it's a doozy.
"The Carrie Diaries" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.