'The X Factor': Host Steve Jones staying put, Simon Cowell says

x-factor-steve-jones-backstage.jpg Simon Cowell is hoping to put to rest rumors that the producers of "The X Factor" aren't happy with host Steve Jones.

Reports in the British press earlier this week claimed that the show was looking either to replace Jones or add a female co-host for the live shows that start next week. Cowell, who created "The X Factor" and executive produces it in addition to being a judge, waves the reports off.

"There is a lot of speculation about Steve Jones leaving the show. To avoid any confusion, Steve will be hosting all of the live shows, and he's doing a great job," Cowell tells Page Six.

The site also says Pepsi -- a major sponsor of the show -- wasn't pleased with the rumors, since the company was considering making Jones a spokesman for the brand. For the record, a Pepsi rep tells Page Six the company is "thrilled we picked up the sponsorship" of the show.

"The X Factor" begins the live-show phase of its competition on Tuesday (Oct. 25) and returns to its regular Wednesday-Thursday schedule on Nov. 2.
Photo/Video credit: FOX
SHARE IT ON: